|Conditions of Service
Established in 1999, the mission of 51job.com
is to provide job seekers with a simple yet powerful
way to search for new career development opportunities.
At the same time, 51job.com is committed to helping
employers identify and recruit qualified candidates
into their organizations.
51job.com is a leader in the online recruitment
market today. We provide the following services:
"eHire" - An ASP system providing
Along with the development of the Internet, more
and more enterprises recruit online. The need for
technology support and applications have risen
as usage of online recruitment has increased. Through
extensive research and collaboration with clients,
51job.com launched eHire, a web-based ASP system
to service enterprise clients. The system offers
the following features:
Our mission is to build the most effective and convenient
recruiting service platform for our corporate clients
and assist HR professionals to handle the ever-growing
number of resumes with the lowest level of resources.
For more information, visit ehire.51job.com.
- Job openings and requirements management
Allows HR professionals to construct a job requirement
database that maps their own organizational structure.
Future job postings will require only a few clicks
- Job posting system
Allows HR professionals to select the media for
their advertisements and post their advertisements
the system. All this can be done in minutes!
- Effective resume screening and response
User-friendly resume screening wizard lets HR
preset different screening criteria to minimize
efforts spent on weeding out unsuitable candidates.
Customized response letter to candidates are
automatically generated based on the result of
the screening (i.e. reject letter for candidates
failing to meet job requirements, interview invites
for promising candidates.)
- Tailor-made recruiting flow management
HR professionals can even define their workflow
with the system to reflect their internal recruitment
processes. Resumes and other candidate information
can be routed to different parties involved in
the process, whether they are in one or multiple
offices around the world.
- Resume database access and search
Utilizing the system's user-friendly search interface,
HR professionals can easily search through 51job.com's
extensive resume database to find and recruit
- Others features
CRP (Chinese resume parser): transform different
kinds of electronic resumes into database format
for processing and archiving;
Resume subscription: periodically receive qualified
resumes according to your preset criteria;
Evaluation form: design different forms for
recording candidates interview results;
Multi-user management: designate relevant persons
to be involved in the recruitment process and configure
their access authority;
Last update: November 8, 2018
*www.51job.com (hereinafter referred to as "51Job," "we" or "us") always solemnly promises to protect the privacy of using the website of 51Job and all the APP products associated with it (hereinafter referred to as "51Job services") for the users (hereinafter referred to as "users" or "you"). We may collect and use information about you when you are using 51Job services.
Before using 51Job services, you must carefully read and fully understand this policy, and then use the related services after ensuring you have fully understood and accepted it. Once you begin or continue to use 51Job services, it means that you have fully understood and agreed to this policy.
1. Types of information collected by us
1.1 Information provided to us by you
1.1.1 Information required for using 51Job
We will require you to provide the following personal information when you are using 51Job, and we will collect it. Such information is necessary to fully perform the services agreed between you and us, and it can also make us abide by the legal obligations. If you do not provide such information, we may be unable to provide all the services you need.
* Account information. We may require you to provide your name, e-mail address, phone number, etc. when you register a 51Job account.
* Resume information and service item information. We may require you to provide additional information for your access to certain functions (e.g., create your resume, send your resume, etc.) of 51Job, it may include some necessary content of your job status, residence, work experience and educational background.
* Communication with employers in the recruitment management system of ehire.51job.com, (including resume sending, letters from HRs, etc.). When you are communicating with the employers, we will collect information about your communication behaviors and any information you select to provide.
1.1.2 Information you select to provide
You can select to provide additional personal information to us, to achieve a better experience during using 51Job. Such additional information will be processed based on your voluntary consent.
*Additional personal information. You can select to provide additional personal information as part of your resume (e.g., work experience, education, special skills, etc.). As determined in your account settings, such additional personal information will be shown as a part of your public pages, when you set the resume as public, or send your resume to the employers, when information will be made available to the employers (51Job provides three control privileges for your resume, and you can set them while filling in your resume). The three control privileges for your resume are: (i) Public to all. The professionals of 51Job and the employers having passed the review of 51Job will be permitted to search your resume in our resume library. If you hope to obtain the most comprehensive job hunting services -- position recommendation, interview invitation and job hunting techniques, etc., this will be more suitable for you; (ii) Public to 51Job. Only the professionals of 51Job or the certified headhunters are allowed to search your resume in our resume library. We will recommend high-quality positions for you according to your work experience. 51Job will also contact you irregularly to confirm your latest job intention and provide you with more career development opportunities conforming to your intention; (iii) Completely secret. You can fill in the resume on 51Job and search the positions and send your resume by yourself. Your personal information will not be searched by any person (including but not limited to the professionals of 51Job and the employers), and all the information will be confidential completely. But if you want to receive interview invitations or position recommendation, we recommend you to change this option and set up the resume as "public to all".
* Other information. You can also select to provide other information to us when you are searching, updating or answering the survey, publishing content in the community forum, taking part in activities or using other functions of 51Job (in addition, 51Job provides forum and BBS, etc. for visitors. If you access these areas, any information published by you will be public. Your publishing comments and/or information in these areas are your individual behavior, it does not represent the standpoint of 51Job and 51Job will not undertake any responsibility for such individual opinions and behaviors).
1.2 Information we automatically collect when you are using 51Job services
When you are using 51Job services, we will automatically collect information about the services used by you and how to use the related services, including your personal information.
1.2.1 Information about geographical location.
When you are using some functions of 51Job, we may collect your accurate or approximate location information, such information is determined according to your IP address or the GPS data of your mobile devices, so that we can provide better services for you. Most of the mobile devices allow you to control or disable the usage of location service by the APPs in the setup menu of the devices. We can still collect such information if your setting or device privilege enables this connection, even though you do not use the APP.
1.2.2 Information usage.
We will collect your interaction information on 51Job, such as the pages or other contents you have viewed, the service items you have searched and your other activities on 51Job.
1.2.3 Login data and device information.
Even though you do not create or log in to your 51Job account, when you access or use 51Job website, we also automatically collect the login data and device information. Such information includes but is not limited to: detailed information about your usage of 51Job (including the links to third-party APPs), IP address, access date and frequencies, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, the unique identifier, breakdown data, cookie data and the pages you have viewed or come across before or after using 51Job.
1.2.4 Cookie and the similar techniques.
We use Cookie and similar techniques, such as web beacons, pixel and movable identifiers. With the help of Cookie, the website can save your preference and other data. We will not use Cookie for any purposes other than those in this policy. You can manage or delete Cookie according to your own preference; (i) You have the right to select to accept or reject Cookie. Under the condition that you do not reject Cookie, 51job.com will set or use Cookie on your computer, so that you can log in to or use the services or functions of the 51job.com platform depending on Cookie. Meanwhile, 51job.com will automatically receive and record the data on your browser, including but not limited to the IP address, data in the website Cookie and the record of pages you require for using; (ii) You can reject Cookie by modifying the setting of the browser. But if you select to reject Cookie, you may be unable to log in to or use services or functions of the 51job.com platform depending on Cookie; (iii) The relevant information obtained through Cookie set by 51job.com will be subject to this policy.
*Web beacons and pixel tags. Besides Cookie, we also use web beacons, pixel tags and other similar techniques on the website. For example, the email we send to you may include the link to the URL of our website. If you click the link, we will trace the link to help us know about your product or service preference, and improve the client service. Web beacon is generally a transparent image embedded in the website or email. By the pixel label in email, we may know whether the email is read or not. If you do not wish that your activity is traced in this way, you may unsubscribe from our mail list.
1.3 Information we collect through the third party
51Job may collect your information (including personal information) provided by other parties when they use the 51Job service, or gain information through other channels, which we will integrate with the information collected through 51Job service. We may not control, supervise or respond to any third party that provides your information about how to deal with your personal data. Any information provided to us that disclose your personal information may be directly sent to such third party.
* Third party services. If you correlate your 51Job account to the third party service (such as WeChat) or log in on your 51Job account through the third party service, the related third party may send us your registration information and personal data in the service. Information varies by service, which is controlled by related services or authorized by you through the privacy setup of related services.
* Other sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive extra information from the third party service providers and/or partners, and integrate such information with your information that we have. We may receive your information through partners as well as your activity information inside and outside 51Job, or your experience and interaction information in the advertisement network of partners.
2. How we use the collected information
We use, store and deal with your information (about personal information) according to the "lawful, just and necessary" principle, so as to provide, understand, improve and develop 51Job, set up and maintain a trusted and safer environment and abide by our legal obligations. If it involves your personal information, we will conduct the de-identification treatment by technical means. The subject cannot be identified by the de-identified information. We have the right to use the de-identified information; and we will analyze and use the user database without disclosing your personal information.
2.1 Improve and develop 51Job, and provide better service for you.
* Enable you to use 51Job and contact the employers through 51Job.
* Operate, protect, improve and optimize 51Job, such as analysis and research.
* Send you the service or support information, such as update of privacy terms, HR's letter, and activity notice.
* Operate, protect, improve and optimize 51Job, provide individualized and customized experience for you (such as recommendation of related job postings). We will conduct behavior analysis according to your interaction with 51Job, your search and submission of resume, your personal information and job intention, and other content provided by you to 51Job.
2.2 Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment
* Detect and prevent fraud, misuse, security events and other harmful activities.
* Carry out safety investigation and risk evaluation.
* Examine the database and other information source, including the background or policy investigation to the extent permitted by law and with your approval when necessary.
* Comply with our legal obligations.
* Execute our service clauses and other policies.
2.3 Provide personalized customization, evaluate and improve our advertisement and marketing
* According to your preference, send the marketing content through short message, email, APP, WeChat, advertisements and other information you are interested in (including related information of 51Job, partner activity and service).
* Provide personalized service to customize, evaluate and improve our advertisement.
* Manage the recommendation plan, award, investigation, lucky draw, competition, or other activities or events sponsored or managed by 51Job or our third party business partners.
* We will conduct behavior analysis according to information preference such as your job intention, search behavior (based on the resume information you provide to us, your interaction with 51Job, the information obtained from the third party, your search records and other records), so as to send related short messages, marketing, advertisement and other information you may be interested in.
* In view of the fact that we have the legal benefit to carry out the marketing activity, provide the products or services you are interested in, we will deal with your personal information according to the purpose listed in this article.
3. We may share, transfer and publicize the disclosure information
3.1 After obtaining your express consent, we will share your personal information with other parties. For example: when you send the resume to the employers or you set your resume as "public", your resume information will be shared to the enterprise users (namely the employers), including all the content you include in the resume.
3.2 To facilitate our ability to provide services to you on the basis of related account, recommend information you are interested in or protect the personal and property safety of associated companies of 51job or other users or public from being damaged, your personal information may be shared with our associated companies.
3.4 When the service providers of 51job have the case of merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation, or other cases that involve merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation, if that involves the transfer of personal information, we will require the new companies and organizations that hold your personal information to continue to follow this policy. Otherwise, we will require the company, organization and person to obtain authorization or consent from you again.
3.5 Special attention: in the following cases, there is no need to get your prior authorization or consent to share, transfer and disclose your personal information:
3.5.1 According to the laws, regulations, orders of the court, requirements of supervising organizations, or under government action, supervision requirements or requests;
3.5.2 To execute related service agreement or this policy, safeguard the social public benefit, protect the personal and property safety of the users, our clients, us or our associated companies, other users or employees, or other legal rights and benefits, reasonable and necessary uses;
3.5.3 When 51job has reason to believe that it has completed compliance with related laws and regulations, or has coordinated with the government to fulfill the supervision obligations.
4. Your rights
4.1 Manage your information
You may access and update some of your information through your account setup. We encourage you to upgrade and revise your information so as to make it more accurate and efficient.
4.2 Update inaccurate or incomplete information
You have the right to require us to update your inaccurate or incomplete personal information (and the information that you cannot update personally in your 51Job.com account).
4.3 Data retention and deletion
Generally, we will only retain your personal information in the necessary time period when we fulfill the services promised between you and us, and comply with our legal obligations. If you do not wish us to use your information to provide 51Job service, you may require us to delete your personal information and close your 51Job service. Please be advised that if you apply to delete your personal information:
* We may retain some of your personal information in accordance with our legal commercial use, such as fraud detection and prevention, and improvement of safety. For example, if we stop the 51Job service out of fraud or safety, we may retain some information of 51Job account, so as to prevent the user from creating a new 51Job account again.
* To abide by our legal obligations, we may retain and use your personal information. For example, 51Job may retain some of your information for the purpose of taxation, legal reporting and audit obligation.
* Even if your 51Job account is cancelled, the information that you share with others (such as the forum post) may still be public, but the information attributable to you may be deleted. In addition, some copies of your information (such as the registration record) may be retained in our database, but it will be distinguished from the personal identifier.
* We will maintain 51Job service to prevent accidental or malicious damage and destruction, the residual copies of your personal information may not be deleted from our backup system within the limited time.
4.4 Cancel approval and process constraint
If you have agreed to allow 51Job to handle with your personal information, you may modify your account setup or request 51Job to cancel your approval at any time and also state which approval you wish to cancel. Please note that canceling your approval will not influence the legality of providing the activities according to the approval before it is cancelled.
* Please understand that we may require you to verify your identity when you access, revise and delete related information, so as to ensure the account security. Meanwhile, due to technical restraints, legal or supervisory requirements, we may not satisfy all your requests, but we will reply to you within a reasonable time period.
6. Contact us
A. All content and graphics on the 51job service platform are protected under the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China and other relevant laws and regulations, as well as all international treaties on intellectual property rights to which the People’s Republic of China is a party. 51job possesses the complete copyright to all the content on the platform. Without 51job’s permission, the content cannot be duplicated or utilized in any form. If the content and graphics have not been modified in any way and the retained content is not altered, information from 51job’s platform can be used off-line for non-commercial purposes, with permission from 51job.
B. Special approval is required to use 51job’s content. To apply for permission, 51job welcomes all parties to submit their requests directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Unauthorized copy or use of HTML code and web pages created by 51job is not allowed. 51job possesses the copyright to its HTML code and web pages. At the same time, 51job retains complete copyright to all icons, graphics, charts, artwork, text expressions and their combinations, layout design and databases on its service platform, and has the exclusive right to publish and use the displayed information. Without the written authorization of 51job, no one may monitor, copy, disseminate, display, mirror, upload or download 51job content, including through the use of robots, web spiders and other programs or devices.
The trademark 51job.com is the exclusive property of 51job.
The trademarks of 51job’s partners and collaborators on the 51job service platform are the property of the partners and collaborators.
51job may not monitor the 51job service platform at all times, but 51job reserves the right to real-time surveillance. 51job does not take responsibility for information found on its service platform that has been inputted or provided by a third party. Job applicants must independently take sole and complete legal responsibility for the format, accuracy and veracity of their information and materials maintained within the 51job Resume Center. Publishers of recruitment information shall independently bear all legal responsibilities for their materials in the jobs database.
51job does not guarantee that a certain number of users will browse a job posting, nor does it guarantee that a specific user will browse a particular job posting. 51job is not legally liable for any content found on links to and from other web sites on the 51job platform.
4. Use of the Service Platform
A. Explicit Prohibited Use Provision
51job services can only be used for lawful purposes, such as for individuals looking for jobs and employers looking for employees. 51job expressly prohibits any other use. All users must ensure that 51job services are not being utilized for any of the following purposes:
(1) Posting false, incomplete or inaccurate resume information (including resumes posted for the purpose of finding full-time or part-time jobs for others) in the Resume Center, and posting information that is not a resume, such as opinions, announcements, commercial advertisements or other content.
(2) Industry competitors of 51job using the information found on the platform to make contact with employers.
(3) Unauthorized deletion or modification of any information posted or provided by other individuals or companies.
(4) Unauthorized printing, copying or use of any personal data of employees or business information of employers, and contacting individuals and companies that have posted information through the use of email, telephone, fax, or via post, without consent.
(5) Without consent, distributing openly or publicizing the resume information and personal data of others. Selling or illegally providing information to any third party.
B. Platform Security Measures
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures of the 51job service platform. These measures include but are not limited to:
(1) Unauthorized access to data or unauthorized entry into servers and accounts;
(2) Without permission, unauthorized attempts to detect, exploit or test weaknesses in the systems or networks, or disrupt or damage security measures;
(3) Attempts to interfere with user and network services, including but not limited to demand overload, "mail bombs" and other destructive methods;
(4) Distribution of promotional or solicitation materials, advertisements and other marketing information for services via email;
(5) False creation of TCP/IP data including name and partial name. Any acts that lead to system or network disruptions can be construed as criminal activity. 51job will investigate and intervene in the occurrence of such acts of sabotage and will cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute those responsible for such acts of sabotage.
C. General Rules
The following three situations are prohibited:
(1) Any violation to existing laws and regulations;
(2) Any infringement to third-party copyright or intellectual property rights; any interference or violation of trade secrets, privacy and other rights;
(3) Any use of the 51job platform to transmit, distribute and store information and materials that are defamatory, obscene, threatening or abusive, or to damage the information of others.
5. Suspension and Termination of Use
6. Other Terms
In addition to the privacy terms and options on the 51job platform, users acknowledge and agree that 51job is permitted to provide aggregated data on a no-name basis to third parties for employment and recruitment purposes. Unless required by government or judicial authorities, 51job will not provide user related information to any third party without the user’s consent.
7. Risk Sharing
Users bear certain risks when using the 51job service platform. The information and materials on the platform are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties, whether expressed or implied. 51job cannot guarantee that the information and materials are free from disruptions or errors, or that any errors can be corrected. Furthermore, 51job makes no warranties that its platform and the resources used to create the platform are free of computer viruses or other harmful elements. 51job does not provide any assurance or explanation for the veracity, accuracy, reliability and other aspects of and in relation to the use and results of the information and materials. Unless otherwise expressly stipulated by laws and regulations, users of the platform (not 51job) shall be solely responsible for costs associated with any necessary servicing, replacement or corrective measures.
8. 51job reserves the right to modify the terms of service at any time.
Warning: Using 51job services in violation of these provisions will constitute an infringement of the rights of 51job. 51job retains the right to utilize all legal measures against violators.